Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

ctesibius
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Galuppi's Te Deum in C

Post by ctesibius »

Hi all,
I am looking for Galuppi's Te Deum in C major.
I haven't found any record in worldcat. I wonder if is there any available score of this piece
Thank you in advance for any help
Ctesibius
Eric
active poster

Re: Galuppi's Te Deum in C

Post by Eric »

How many Te Deums did Galuppi write? There's a "Te Deum à 4" no.2 ca.1750 whose score is at the French National Library according to Worldcat. (There's also one at Duke University - which seems to be a copy of one in the French National Library - that's dated to ca.1775 - here. (Actually, no, in that latter case the Te Deum seems to be undated - "Ave regina, 1774 [microfilm music] : Jesu corona virginum à 4 voce con strumenti, 1740 : Te deum à 4⁰ con violini, : Ave regina, 1775 : Salve regina, 1774 : Alma redemptoris, 1775"). In neither case is a key given, I think... may have to look more closely...)

Looking at RISM online, there seems to be one in an autograph copy at Dresden by Galuppi in C (RISM ID 211010060) (BurG IV/2) (composed pre-1765).

That's all the information I can find right just now, unfortunately. Don't know anything about published scores or scanned copies, at this time.
ctesibius
active poster

Post by ctesibius »

Thanks Eric,
I aware of 2 Te deums, One in C, the other in D, even if I cannot exclude there are others. The catalogue of works of Galuppi even if published recently is difficult to find
I will try to get a copy from BNF
Ctesibius
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Ok- RISM lists ones in C and in D. Not positive the one @ BNF is in C, but the one mentioned at Dresden is. Best luck!
ctesibius
active poster

Post by ctesibius »

Many thanks
Galuppi is a composer who deserves more attention. Only recently Franco Rossi published the catalog of works and Armelin published the complete harpsichord sonatas.
Still most of his works are unavailable.

Ctesibius