Les Six

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

yojimboken
regular poster

Les Six

Post by yojimboken »

We have Honneger represented, but where are the other five? I don't know much of Durey and Auric, beyond their names, but it would be nice to have something of Tailleferre, and to be missing Milhaud and Poulenc is amazing. Is it a copyright issue?
KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Les Six

Post by KGill »

Durey died in 1979, Auric and Tailleferre 1983, Milhaud 1974, Poulenc 1963. All are under copyright in Canada, the EU, and most other countries (their early works are mostly public domain in the US, but only there). Poulenc will be PD in Canada (and therefore represented on the site) in 2014; Milhaud 2025, Durey 2030, Auric and Tailleferre 2034. Sorry...
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by daphnis »

Just a note on Milhaud: I am planning (hopefully) a pre-1923 Milhaud project for this summer very much like the Stravinsky archive (see the Stravinsky page and follow forum links). Included would be a fairly substantial amount of music, approximately until opus 75, in a single archive that is public domain in the United States. Obviously for copyright reasons, it will not be hosted by IMSLP but rather by a 3rd party with a server in the US. So stay tuned.
yojimboken
regular poster

Post by yojimboken »

Thanks for the replies. Dumb me - I forget that it is the composer's life and not the publication date.