More Full Orchestral Scores Desired

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

bwbecker
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

More Full Orchestral Scores Desired

Post by bwbecker »

Especially when it comes to opera and concertante works. Vocal scores and two-piano or piano four-hands reductions are decidedly better than nothing - especially for harmonic study or for rehearsals. However, for a person like me who is interested in orchestrational technique and history, these reductions are totally worthless. I would specifically like to see full scores of ALL of Anton Rubinstein's concertos and symphonies along with those of Joachim Raff (his piano concerto is already there - great! Now, we need his two violin concertos and the two cello concertos). With respect to operas, I'd like to see full scores of Giacomo Meyerbeer and Saverio Mercadante represented.
Still like that old-time Raff-N-Roll!
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Perhaps it would be easier for us if you were to specify (at least initially) which individual operas and pieces you want in full score rather than placing an order for every opera by two separate composers and the orchestral works of two others?
Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

Orchestral music is a lot harder to come by when it comes to scores, and have a lot more pages, so take longer to scan. It's quite unfair to flame people for uploading the easier way, and for many people the piano reductions are very useful. This is especially true on both counts with opera -- the scores for those are huge, even in their vocal score versions.
I love orchestral scores too, but come on.
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by pml »

Dear Mr Becker,

with the greatest respect, may I point you to http://imslp.org/wiki/Wishlist?

Regards, Philip
--
PML (talk)