piano trio plus vocals

Moderator: kcleung

gastone73
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

piano trio plus vocals

Post by gastone73 »

Hi
I'm looking for a piece of music in this site written for piano, violin, cell and vocals. Is there any one? Or at least a piece for vocals piano and one string instrument (violin or piano).
Thanks in advance
Lyle Neff
active poster

Re: piano trio plus vocals

Post by Lyle Neff »

"Vocals" is rather vague. Anything specific in mind -- including whether text is used? 8)
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
gastone73

Post by gastone73 »

I prefer if a text is used but since it is for my personal studies it is not indispensable. I've found nothing so any suggestion is welcome. Thanks
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

There are a lot of Baroque works for singer, keyboard (sometimes playing a reduced string part), one obbligato instrument, and cello where the keyboard part is continuo.

One that comes to mind is Handel's 9 Deutsche Arien for high voice, violin and continuo (keyboard + cello).
bsteltz
sbeckmesser
active poster

Post by sbeckmesser »

There a tons of cantatas for vocals, violin(s) and continuo by Handel. There are also probably hundreds of appropriate arias from Handel operas and oratorios (you don't need a full orchestra, just a violin on the first violin line). All of these are on IMSLP. You should also explore the arias within the hundreds of Bach cantatas, also on IMSLP. As you move out of the Baroque, it becomes more difficult to find pieces for your ensemble.

--Sixtus