Two Intrumentations of Same Work

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

rpatters1
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Two Intrumentations of Same Work

Post by rpatters1 »

I have just created the work page for my "5 Medieval Dances", which exists in two completely different versions. I would like neither to appear as an arrangement. In particular, I would like the version for strings to show up in in the category "2 Violins, Viola, Cello and Double Bass" rather than "2 Violins, Viola, Cello and Double Bass (arr)".

The parallel cases I know of from standard rep are Mozart K388/K406 and Brahms Op18 and Op18b. In both of these cases there are actually 2 work pages and one references the other in the arrangement tab. I am perfectly comfortable setting up 5 Medieval Dances with 2 pages, with references that parallel those of the Mozart, but the difference is that in my case the pieces don't have different titles, so it seems like overkill. My initial plan was to put both versions in "Score and Parts" but a moderator shot that down pretty fast. So I am looking for a suggestion of the most imslp-correct way of doing this.
steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Two Intrumentations of Same Work

Post by steltz »

We have a "Version A"/"Version B" template, so I've re-done the page for that and tagged both versions equally.

Let's see what everyone thinks of that.
bsteltz