Fumagalli

Moderator: kcleung

lisztener

Fumagalli

Post by lisztener »

I just yesterday scanned my copy of Fumagalli's Robert le Diable fantasy and uploaded it but someone named Caprotti has decided to put his own name as the scanner and has put his own logo on the pdf itself. I paid 50$ and waited 2 months to get this score from the Giuseppe Verdi Conservatory in Italy and find it insulting that someone would dare to not only change the name but put their own logo on it. Would there be any way to remove the logo from the music? I would not be so offended if I hadn't put so much effort to actually get the score but I can't let someone else take credit for the amount of work and perseverance it took to get this. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

You have to ask to some admins about the reasons why this file was replaced.Usually it's written but in this situation not.
When I replace a file,and I'm not the first uploader, is because my file is better (better crooped or better general quality),but I never put my logo in this case (or I delete it).
You can find my logo when I upload for the first time a piece and I have not enought time to re-edit and delete it (in my books there is always my logo because I used to lend a lot of score and parts .......) .
Whoever has enought time to re edit my score deleting logos (Without loosing quality) is welcome.There is no problem....
In this situation a question arises .....an admin told me that only uploaders and admins can see and revert file to a previous situation,but now I can see that I 'm able to see and revert theese files (Fumagalli) and i'm not the uploader neither an admin... Why? So all my files I replaced for copyright reasons can be seen or reverted by everybody?!?!?!!?

Thank you

Greetings

Carmar
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

Ps
I compared Yours and Caprotti's file.
Those seem to me 2 different scansions of 2 different parts, and that on Caprotti's file is not his logo but it's the library logo.
And usually when we replace files (like in this situation) the first upoader is always credited (Lisztener).
If you are not satisfied you could clean and croop better your file, editing it by Gimp or Photoshop and then replace the existing version.

:wink:

Greetings

Carmar