Added a Transcription and now a Cello Piece is a Viola Piece

Moderator: kcleung

jeff_harrington
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Added a Transcription and now a Cello Piece is a Viola Piece

Post by jeff_harrington »

Last week I added a transcription of my new cello tango for viola and now, even though the original score has Cello as instrumentation, it is listed as a viola piece. Aren't these instrumentation lists auto-generated?

http://imslp.org/wiki/Tango_del_Aquelar ... y_Michael)
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Added a Transcription and now a Cello Piece is a Viola P

Post by Davydov »

The instrumentation in the arrangements header is auto-generated, which is why it appeared in the viola category. However, the original version has to be tagged manually, and this hadn't happened yet (due to a large backlog), which is the reason only the viola version was showing. I've added the tag now so it should appear correctly.

Incidentally, it's precisely because we have the categorization system that it's superfluous to include the instrumentation of works in their title, so I've moved the piece to "Tango_del_Aquelarre (Harrington, Jeffrey Michael)".
jeff_harrington
regular poster

Re: Added a Transcription and now a Cello Piece is a Viola P

Post by jeff_harrington »

Thanks, Davydov... that's pretty much what I'd suspected. The only reason I keep adding the instrumentation to the titles is that I suspect I get traffic (from the links I've posted at other websites leading here) and people browse my IMSLP home page. I can't really think of any other explanation why some pieces get thousands of downloads while others get only a few.